The TLA Legislation Committee encourages TLA members to maintain year-round communication with their representatives at the local, state, and federal levels. It is easy to research legislative information and build relationships with your elected officials!
- Maintain contact and keep the Association informed on legislation in the U. S. Congress and in the Tennessee Legislature.
- Examine existing laws and proposed state legislation and recommend to the Executive Committee and membership legislation deserving support or opposition.
- Plan for direct contact with legislators throughout Tennessee
- Seek to promote legislation which will advance library service and the profession of librarianship.
- Plan workshops, networks, and related legislative activities, including TLA Legislative Day, for the Association each year
- The Chair shall submit and evaluative written report to the membership at the June Board meeting.
Chair: Cara Huwieler
Legislation Monitor: Jason Vance
Federal Lan: Vivian Wynn